How to Activate Wifi & Bluetooth Function for Xiegu X6100?
Before activate the Wifi & Bluetooth function, please make sure your Xiegu X6100 have been updated at least to the new firmware 20211229. CLICK HERE to learn different versions' firmware update log.
WIFI Operation Instructions
SCAN: Scan for nearby Wi-Fi / hotspots (Access Point)
CONNECT/DISCONNECT: Connect/disconnect the hotspot in the left list.
EDIT: Edit the element selected by the orange box on the right.
CONFIG: Move the orange box to the next.
EXIT: Exit the interface.
1. SYSTEM SETTING – WLAN – press MFK knob to enter the Wi-Fi setting interface
2. Select a Wi-Fi to connect by rotating MFK – press CONFIG
3. Press CONFIG to move to password – press EDIT to pop up the digital keyboard
4. Enter/delete password by rotating & press MFK knob
5. Click ENTER by rotating & press MFK knob to confirm password (important)
6. Press EDIT to exit the digital keyboard
7. Press CONNECT, please wait for about 10s
8. WiFi connected!
9. Press EXIT to exit the Wi-Fi interface
10. Wi-Fi connected confirmed!
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Bluetooth Operation Instructions
OFF/ON: Turn on/off the built-in Bluetooth function.
CONNECT/DISCONNECT: Connect/disconnect the selected Bluetooth device on the left.
EXIT: Exit the interface.
Note: When the built-in Bluetooth function is displayed as "ON", it will always scan the surrounding Bluetooth devices.
1. SYSTEM SETTING – BLUETOOTH – press MFK knob to enter the Bluetooth setting interface
(for the first time, it should take about 1 minute to scan Bluetooth device, please be patient; will be 5s only from second time.)
2. Select a Bluetooth device by rotating MFK – press CONNECT to connect
(please make sure your Bluetooth device is on)
3. Bluetooth connected!
4. Press EXIT to exit the Bluetooth interface
I think the DHCP switch activates a DHCP server daemon, Probably needed when you are NOT using an access point but want direct laptop to X6100 connection. I’m looking forward towhee we can run WSJT-X on a laptop and simply connect to the radio by Bluetooth – no wires. That said the WiFi connection is difficult to set up and does not seem to accept addresses handed out by a router with a DHC =P server handing out IP addresses. This should be simple for Xiegu to fix as it a standard Linux function.
It’s easy to turn all of this on and I was even able to connect to my Aftershokz Aeropex headset. However, at this time the only use for WiFi is for NTP. It doesn’t serve any other purpose. The Bluetooth doesn’t work with audio devices, again, at this time.
John D Hysell
I cannot get DHCP to work on any access point. I can set static IP address on them all just fine. When I turn on DHCP, it turns itself off as soon as the radio connects to the access point.