[Ideal GMRS HT] The Baofeng UV-5X is the GMRS version of the classic model UV-5R. It features 30 GMRS pre-programmed channels + 11 NOAA channels. These radios are ready to go, right out of the box. A GMRS license is required. FCC ID: 2AN62-UV5G. Sold in a package of 2 radios, good things always come in pairs.
[Longer Talking Range] The UV-5X GMRS is repeater capable and has the 8 repeater pairs programmed in from Channel 23 to 30. GMRS power levels and wide-band capable signal will allow a further talking range than FRS radios. When used with a GMRS Repeater, the range is greatly increased.
[Classic Design] Compatible with BL-5L 3800mAh extended batteries as well as other accessories of UV-5R series, except antenna. Come with detachable SMA-M antennas. Work well with six-way charger.
[NOAA Scan & Receiver] Always one step ahead of the terrible weather. the NOAA feature automatically scans and receives weather reports from the channel, letting you know when bad weather is coming. An alternative communication option in case of disaster when cell towers are always overloaded. Use it as your emergency radio!
[Simple Operation] Easy to read with tri-color display. Most basic settings are accessed via the Menu and Keypad. Features 9 sensitivity levels for VOX hands-free operation. 128 Channels, 50 CTCSS tones and 104 DCS Digital Coded Squelch choices. More advanced settings are available when connected to your computer.
[Disclaimer] No License is required to purchase this radio, nor to Monitor (listen) to the many Amateur (Ham) Radio frequencies. However, an FCC GMRS License is required to Transmit (Talk) on GMRS Frequencies in the USA. Please visit https://www.fcc.gov/general-mobile-radio-service-gmrs to learn more.
CLICK HERE to get the latest Manual & CPS
Why choose UV-5X / UV-5G?
The Baofeng UV-5X (also named UV-5G) is a LEGAL GMRS handheld radio (FCC certificated). This radio extends all the functions from UV-5R but transmits only on the GMRS channels. It adds NOAA Weather Scanning. The UV-5X offers GMRS performance as another addition to the familiar UV-5R series of radios. A true GMRS radio that will be a useful companion in your outdoor activities.
FCC Certificated: Part 95E & Part 15B
FCC ID: 2AN62-UV5G
As a GMRS radio, UV-5X (also named UV-5G) requires a license from the FCC to operate. This license requires no testing, just fill in the application and pay the fee.
TIP! WHERE TO FIND REPEATER INFO
Repeater info can be found on the MYGMRS website (or its APP), it provides a decent list of repeaters.
Why choose GMRS over FRS?
1. GMRS repeater capable. The UV-5X (also named UV-5G) can take advantage of GMRS repeaters to get a more powerful, further-ranging signal. -- This is not an option with FRS radios.
2. GMRS radios allow Wide-band FM to provide a louder and clearer signal than the FRS radios restricted to Narrowband FM with a lower power rating.
3. The UV-5X (also named UV-5G) provides more selectable channels than FRS radios, more CTCSS and DCS tone options to reduce unwanted signals.
Compatible with all accessories of UV-5R series, such as a 3800mAh battery. Easy to find backup parts on market or from your previous radios.
Compatible with all brands of GMRS radios while offering shared access on some FRS channels.
Compatible with Baofeng's new six-way charger.
NOAA Weather Scanning
UV-5G automatically scans 11 NOAA weather channels. On call 24/7 with updated severe weather reports so you're always up to date on the latest weather conditions.
The ideal companion for road trips, hunting, backpacking, safety and security and other outdoor activities. Two-way walkie-talkie long range rechargeable.
Pre-programed GMRS Frequencies List
Frequency Range: GMRS (RX & TX) | 136-174 & 400-520MHz(RX)
Memory Channel: 30 GMRS + 11 NoAA Weather Channels + 128 Scanner
Operation Voltage: DC 7.4 V ±10%
Battery Capacity: 1800mAh (Li-Ion)
Frequency Stability: ±2.5ppm
Operating Temperature: -20℃ to +50℃
Mode of Operation: Simplex
Antenna Impedance: 50ohm
RF Output Power ≤5W(GMRS)
FM Modulation 11K0F3E@12.5KHz
Adjacent Channel Power 60dB @ 12.5KHz
Transmission current ≤1500mA
Receive Sensitivity 0.25μV (12dB SINAD)
Adjacent Channel Selectivity ≥55dB@12.5KHz
Inter Modulation and Rejection ≥55dB@12.5KHz
Conducted Spurious Emission ≤-57dB@12.5KHz
Rated Audio Power Output 1W @16 ohms
Receive current ≤380mA
Rated Audio Distortion ≤5%
What's in the Box
2 x Baofeng UV-5X (also named UV-5G) GMRS Radio
2 x 7.4V 1800mAh Li-ion Battery
2 x Earphone Mic/Headset
2 x Desktop Charger
2 x Adapter
2 x Belt Clip
2 x Hand Strap
1 x User Manual
2 x SMA-M antenna
1 Year and 6 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
• Radioddity's limited warranty applies to all BRAND NEW items sold by radioddity.com and other authorized dealers (except Xiegu).
• This warranty is non-transferable and proof of purchase from us or an authorized dealer is required for warranty service.
• For Xiegu items, we provide a 1 year warranty.
What Does This Limited Warranty Cover?
We warrant that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and use in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period. Please refer to the Instructions inside each package for a description of proper use and care of the unit.
What Does This Limited Warranty Not Cover?
This limited warranty does not cover damages directly or indirectly arising or resulting from or during:
(1) accident, misuse, abuse, vandalism or acts of God (including lightning and other weather conditions)
(2) use with another product or other damage or loss suffered by the use or combination of any other item
(3) improper or inadequate maintenance
(4) repairs by an unauthorized service technician
Open Box items are products that have damaged packaging or are otherwise not suitable to be sold as new. All items are tested to be working by a member of our team.
Open Box items come with a 6-month warranty instead of the standard 18 months warranty and are not eligible for any warranty extension offered to new products. We will not accept returns of Open Box items due to cosmetic damage or other non-performance-related issues. All sales of Open Box items are final and not eligible for a return or refund.
If for some reason the item is defective on arrival, please contact
If you are satisfied with our products and service, please kindly leave us a positive product review. Any problem, be free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We strive to answer all emails as quickly as possible, but due to high email volume, it may take time for us to reply. Thanks in advance for your patience!
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What forms of payment do you accept?
- 2. Why has my credit card payment failed?
- 3. How do I know if it is safe to shop with you?
- 4. Is there any discount for bulk/volume purchases?
- 5. Do you ship internationally?
- 6. How can I contact Radioddity.com for additional assistance?
- 7. How are warranties handled?
- 8. Why didn't I receive an order confirmation email after my PayPal payment is completed?
- 9. How do I change the shipping address or cancel my order?
- 10. What does Radioddity.com charge for shipping order and how long will it be before I receive my order?
- 11. Do you ship to PO boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses?
- 12. Why am I unable to track my order?
- 13. Taxes, Customs, & Duties
- 14. How do I return products if I am unsatisfied?
- 15. What do I do if I received the wrong item?
- 16. How do I return defective items?
- 17. When will a replacement be sent?
- 18. How long does it take for me to get a refund?
1. What forms of payment do you accept?
Radioddity.com currently accepts PayPal* or credit card for all orders.
*When purchasing with PayPal, your shipping address will automatically default to the address on file with PayPal, regardless of the shipping address you enter on your Radioddity.com order.
2. Why has my credit card payment failed?
Payment with a credit card may fail because of bank authorization and fraud prevention systems. If you are having trouble making a payment via Credit Card, you may contact your card issuing bank or PayPal directly. Here are PayPal's phone numbers:
+1-888-221-1161 (US & Canada Toll Free) +1-888-215-5506 (US & Canada Toll Free)
+1-402-935-7733 (International) +1-402-935-2050 (International)
3. How do I know if it is safe to shop with you?
Radioddity.com takes great pride in offering a safe and secure online shopping experience. We also respect your privacy and we're committed to protecting it.
4. Is there any discount for bulk/volume purchases?
Radioddity does provide discounts for some bulk/volume purchases. Please email our customer service for more details.
5. Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do! We ship to US & EU countries. For some products, we ship to CA.
6. How can I contact Radioddity.com for additional assistance?
Email Customer service:
please email us via email@example.com, and we will respond to your email as quickly as possible, usually within 24-48 hours.
7. How are warranties handled?
Repairs on defective merchandise are handled by the manufacturers and not by Radioddity unless otherwise indicated. If any item arrives damaged due to shipping, immediately contact the courier. Keep all shipping materials and contact us immediately.
8. Why didn't I receive an order confirmation email after my PayPal payment is completed?
We send a confirmation email to your primary PayPal email address or the e-mail address you have specified if you used the "PayPal Express Checkout" method. Make sure that you have a Radioddity account registered under your PayPal account's primary e-mail address.
In rare circumstances, a technical bug confirmed by PayPal can get in the way. If you do not receive any information at all, and your order does not appear in your Radioddity account, please contact us and send us your order details.
9. How do I change the shipping address or cancel my order?
Please contact customer service immediately if you need to change the shipping address or cancel your order. Please be advised that some orders are shipped very soon after payment and it will not always be possible to make changes to the shipping address and/or cancel the order.
10. What does Radioddity.com charge for shipping order and how long will it be before I receive my order?
Please CLICK HERE to learn about our shipping policy.
11. Do you ship to PO boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses?
Only USPS can ship to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses. The items have to be less than 2kg. Please allow additional time for orders to be shipped to these addresses. Express shipping cannot be sent to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses.
12. Why am I unable to track my order?
It can sometimes take 24-48 hours or so for tracking information to update once an order has shipped from our warehouse.
Occasionally, a package may not receive the proper origin and transit scans while on its journey to you, so neither us nor express is able to track the exact location of the package in transit.
Please email us if you do not receive your order by the end of the quoted time frame. Please note that orders shipping via UPS can be delivered as late as 9:00 pm local time in some areas.
13. Taxes, Customs, & Duties
If the package is checked by your country's customs office when the item arrives in your country, most websites are declaring that you are responsible for import duties, tariffs, and taxes. However, Radioddity will be happy to go fifty-fifty with customers. Quality customer service is our highest value and we try our best to reduce our customer’s loss.
14. How do I return products if I am unsatisfied?
Please CLICK HERE to learn about our return policy.
15. What do I do if received the wrong item?
Return the wrong item. If the item you received is completely different from the one you ordered, please contact our Customer Service with photos or videos of the different product. If a return is necessary, replacement plus return shipping cost will be issued to you on receiving the returned product. Or if you decide to keep it, we will offer a 10% discount for buying it.
16. How do I return defective items?
If your product turns out to be a defective one with physical damage within 30 days from the initial receiving date. You can mail the item back in the original package without any wear and tear for a free replacement. However, you will need to provide photos and videos showing the defect(s) of the product.
*NOTE: We strongly recommend obtaining and saving your return tracking number until you are notified that we have completed your refund.*
17. When will a replacement be sent?
Replacements are treated the same way as that of new orders -- they typically arrive in 10 to 13 days. If a product needs to be returned for replacement, the replacement is sent after receiving the returned item.
18. How long does it take for me to get a refund?
It may take 1 or 2 weeks for your return to reach our warehouse. Once it is received and inspected (usually within 72 hours of arrival) your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 2 days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.