40W High Power and Smooth Communication: Enjoy the convenience of adjusting output power with options of 20W and 40W. Stay seamlessly connected by storing up to 500K DMR contact IDs (currently 300K, upgradeable via firmware when IDs reach 250K). Easily manage and access channels and zones from a substantial capacity of 4,000.
Upgraded Bluetooth Operation: Cut the cords and embrace effortless communication. The equipped extra Bluetooth PTT keeps your hands on the wheel for distraction-free driving. The included Bluetooth earpiece ensures clarity and comfort, perfect for work or exploration. Stay connected and comfortable, wherever you are.
Accurate Location with GPS/APRS: Stay confidently on course using the built-in GPS and APRS functions. Report instant updates on your location, ensuring others remain informed and you stay connected to your surroundings on every adventure.
Extended Range with Repeating Feature: Use SFR for same-frequency transmission and reception, ensuring messages reach destination in tough conditions. Effortlessly establish cross-band repeaters with this ham radio, enhancing communication across frequency bands for long range talking.
Ten Customizable Keys: Empower your communication with its 10 customizable keys. Tailor these keys for swift access to 20 frequently used functions, boosting your operational efficiency.
Disclaimer: No License is required to purchase this radio, nor to Monitor (listen) to the many Amateur (Ham) Radio frequencies. However, an FCC License is required to Transmit (Talk) on Amateur Radio Frequencies in the USA. Please visit http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/amateur/licensing to learn more.
CLICK HERE to downlad manual and programming software.
Elevate outdoor journeys with Radioddity DB40-D: Dual-band powerful 40 Watt transceiver. GPS/APRS for precise GPS-position reporting. Cross-band repeater, same frequency repeating with crystal clear audio, up to 500K DMR ID Contacts, 4000 channels within zones. Unleash communication potential in any terrain. Your vehicle's perfect companion!
Enhanced Cross-Band Repeater: Extended Range
The DB40-D acts as a base radio, transmitting across UHF/VHF bands. It amplifies signal range by relaying between bands and even crosses analog-digital borders. Elevate communication reach with DB40-D's versatile cross-band repeater function.
Streamlined Emergency Communication with SFR
Same Frequency Repeater (SFR) makes maximum usage of DMR TDMA by using one frequency for both send and receive. Connects multiple devices to form a mesh network, aiding swift coordination in emergencies. Reliable and efficient, SFR simplifies communication when every moment counts.
Real-time APRS Position Reporting
DB40-D features a robust built-in location receiver for seamless APRS integration. Instantly share real-time position updates on the APRS network during outdoor adventures. Coupled with SFR, it's a vital tool for emergencies, ensuring your safety is never compromised.
DB40-D boasts 10 customizable keys, each with long/short press options, offering 20 functions out of 30+ with single keystrokes.
Versatile DUAL Functionality
This mobile radio has dual VFOs for VHF/UHF, seamless analog-to-digital migration, and dual-standby for monitoring two channels.
With a total of up to 4K channels and zones, it empowers you to organize and allocate your communication partners to fully match your needs.
Strong Signals, Less Interference
Benefiting from boosted signal strength and sensitivity, DB40-D’s GPS antenna ensures a robust outdoor satellite connection.
- Support WIN 7 to WIN 11 program
- VFO, SMS, TOT, GPS, APRS, Emergency Alarm
- DMR APRS and Analog APRS Capable (GPS)
- 9 Level Squelch
- 12 Level VOX
- DMR Tier 1 and Tier 2 (for dual timeslot as required by repeaters)
- Busy Channel Lock-out, Automatic Keypad Lock
- 2.4’’ Color Screen
- 10 Customizable Function Keys
- Adjustable Microphone Gain
- Speaker Mic with Magnet for Hanging
- 200 Hours Recording Time
FCC ID: VO6CDR-700UV
Frequency: VHF 136-174MHz | UHF 400-480MHz
Mode: Analog + DMR (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
Power Output: 20W | 40W
Channels: 4000 (ch+zone)
DMR ID Database: Up to 500,000
Screen: 2.4’’ TFT screen
Size: 5.4 x 6.3 x 1.6in | 13.8 x 16 x 4.1cm
Weight: 2lb | 0.9kg)
Antenna Port: SO-239
Need Antenna with Port: PL-259
Bluetooth Earpiece Compatibility: Most of Bluetooth earpieces
**In case of any compatibility issues, feel free to reach out to our customer service. We will offer firmware upgrades to accommodate additional Bluetooth earpiece models.
Bluetooth Earphone Connection Guide:
1. Power on the radio
2. Enter the DB40-D menu
3. Navigate to the "Appendix" section and select "Bluetooth"
4. Select "BT Earset" and enter the PTT submenu.
5. Select "Earset Scan" to search earphone's Bluetooth. The screen will display a flashing icon indicating the search is active.
6. Look for the device named "ME100" in the search results and choose to connect. Once connected, the Bluetooth icon on the display will turn into a white circle.
Bluetooth PTT Connection Guide:
1. Short press the central button on the Bluetooth PTT. A blinking blue light indicates it is in search mode.
2. Follow the steps above to access the Bluetooth menu in the "Appendix" section.
3. Select "BT PTT" and enter the PTT submenu.
4. Select "PTT Scan". The screen will display a flashing icon indicating the search is active.
5. Once the PTT device is automatically connected, you will return to the desktop, and a PTT symbol will appear on the screen.
What’s in the box?
1 x DB40-D Mobile Radio(With a 20A fuse)
1 x GPS Antenna (The rectangled stubby antenna)
1 x BT Antenna (The straight stubby antenna)
1 x Speaker Microphone (Detachable)
1 x Power Cable with Car Charger (With 20A Fuse)
1 x Mounting Bracket
4 x Mounting Screws (M4 x 10mm)
1 x Bluetooth PTT
1 x Bluetooth Earpiece (With charging cable and three replaceable earbuds)
1 x Programming Cable
1 x User Manual
1 Year and 6 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
• Radioddity's limited warranty applies to all BRAND NEW items sold by radioddity.com and other authorized dealers (except Xiegu).
• This warranty is non-transferable and proof of purchase from us or an authorized dealer is required for warranty service.
• For Xiegu items, we provide a 1 year warranty.
What Does This Limited Warranty Cover?
We warrant that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and use in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period. Please refer to the Instructions inside each package for a description of proper use and care of the unit.
What Does This Limited Warranty Not Cover?
This limited warranty does not cover damages directly or indirectly arising or resulting from or during:
(1) accident, misuse, abuse, vandalism or acts of God (including lightning and other weather conditions)
(2) use with another product or other damage or loss suffered by the use or combination of any other item
(3) improper or inadequate maintenance
(4) repairs by an unauthorized service technician
Open Box items are products that have damaged packaging or are otherwise not suitable to be sold as new. All items are tested to be working by a member of our team.
Open Box items come with a 6-month warranty instead of the standard 18 months warranty and are not eligible for any warranty extension offered to new products. We will not accept returns of Open Box items due to cosmetic damage or other non-performance-related issues. All sales of Open Box items are final and not eligible for a return or refund.
If for some reason the item is defective on arrival, please contact
If you are satisfied with our products and service, please kindly leave us a positive product review. Any problem, be free to contact us email@example.com
We strive to answer all emails as quickly as possible, but due to high email volume, it may take time for us to reply. Thanks in advance for your patience!
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What forms of payment do you accept?
- 2. Why has my credit card payment failed?
- 3. How do I know if it is safe to shop with you?
- 4. Is there any discount for bulk/volume purchases?
- 5. Do you ship internationally?
- 6. How can I contact Radioddity.com for additional assistance?
- 7. How are warranties handled?
- 8. Why didn't I receive an order confirmation email after my PayPal payment is completed?
- 9. How do I change the shipping address or cancel my order?
- 10. What does Radioddity.com charge for shipping order and how long will it be before I receive my order?
- 11. Do you ship to PO boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses?
- 12. Why am I unable to track my order?
- 13. Taxes, Customs, & Duties
- 14. How do I return products if I am unsatisfied?
- 15. What do I do if I received the wrong item?
- 16. How do I return defective items?
- 17. When will a replacement be sent?
- 18. How long does it take for me to get a refund?
1. What forms of payment do you accept?
Radioddity.com currently accepts PayPal* or credit card for all orders.
*When purchasing with PayPal, your shipping address will automatically default to the address on file with PayPal, regardless of the shipping address you enter on your Radioddity.com order.
2. Why has my credit card payment failed?
Payment with a credit card may fail because of bank authorization and fraud prevention systems. If you are having trouble making a payment via Credit Card, you may contact your card issuing bank or PayPal directly. Here are PayPal's phone numbers:
+1-888-221-1161 (US & Canada Toll Free) +1-888-215-5506 (US & Canada Toll Free)
+1-402-935-7733 (International) +1-402-935-2050 (International)
3. How do I know if it is safe to shop with you?
Radioddity.com takes great pride in offering a safe and secure online shopping experience. We also respect your privacy and we're committed to protecting it.
4. Is there any discount for bulk/volume purchases?
Radioddity does provide discounts for some bulk/volume purchases. Please email our customer service for more details.
5. Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do! We ship to US & EU countries. For some products, we ship to CA.
6. How can I contact Radioddity.com for additional assistance?
Email Customer service:
please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to your email as quickly as possible, usually within 24-48 hours.
7. How are warranties handled?
Repairs on defective merchandise are handled by the manufacturers and not by Radioddity unless otherwise indicated. If any item arrives damaged due to shipping, immediately contact the courier. Keep all shipping materials and contact us immediately.
8. Why didn't I receive an order confirmation email after my PayPal payment is completed?
We send a confirmation email to your primary PayPal email address or the e-mail address you have specified if you used the "PayPal Express Checkout" method. Make sure that you have a Radioddity account registered under your PayPal account's primary e-mail address.
In rare circumstances, a technical bug confirmed by PayPal can get in the way. If you do not receive any information at all, and your order does not appear in your Radioddity account, please contact us and send us your order details.
9. How do I change the shipping address or cancel my order?
Please contact customer service immediately if you need to change the shipping address or cancel your order. Please be advised that some orders are shipped very soon after payment and it will not always be possible to make changes to the shipping address and/or cancel the order.
10. What does Radioddity.com charge for shipping order and how long will it be before I receive my order?
Please CLICK HERE to learn about our shipping policy.
11. Do you ship to PO boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses?
Only USPS can ship to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses. The items have to be less than 2kg. Please allow additional time for orders to be shipped to these addresses. Express shipping cannot be sent to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses.
12. Why am I unable to track my order?
It can sometimes take 24-48 hours or so for tracking information to update once an order has shipped from our warehouse.
Occasionally, a package may not receive the proper origin and transit scans while on its journey to you, so neither us nor express is able to track the exact location of the package in transit.
Please email us if you do not receive your order by the end of the quoted time frame. Please note that orders shipping via UPS can be delivered as late as 9:00 pm local time in some areas.
13. Taxes, Customs, & Duties
If the package is checked by your country's customs office when the item arrives in your country, most websites are declaring that you are responsible for import duties, tariffs, and taxes. However, Radioddity will be happy to go fifty-fifty with customers. Quality customer service is our highest value and we try our best to reduce our customer’s loss.
14. How do I return products if I am unsatisfied?
Please CLICK HERE to learn about our return policy.
15. What do I do if received the wrong item?
Return the wrong item. If the item you received is completely different from the one you ordered, please contact our Customer Service with photos or videos of the different product. If a return is necessary, replacement plus return shipping cost will be issued to you on receiving the returned product. Or if you decide to keep it, we will offer a 10% discount for buying it.
16. How do I return defective items?
If your product turns out to be a defective one with physical damage within 30 days from the initial receiving date. You can mail the item back in the original package without any wear and tear for a free replacement. However, you will need to provide photos and videos showing the defect(s) of the product.
*NOTE: We strongly recommend obtaining and saving your return tracking number until you are notified that we have completed your refund.*
17. When will a replacement be sent?
Replacements are treated the same way as that of new orders -- they typically arrive in 10 to 13 days. If a product needs to be returned for replacement, the replacement is sent after receiving the returned item.
18. How long does it take for me to get a refund?
It may take 1 or 2 weeks for your return to reach our warehouse. Once it is received and inspected (usually within 72 hours of arrival) your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 2 days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.